Dreams Can't Wait, Make Yours A Reality
Istituto Marangoni Miami's Career Services Office provides career support for students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The purpose of Career Services is to bridge the gap between Istituto Marangoni Miami and the job market. To do so, mentoring and counseling activities are organized throughout the academic year. These comprise of workshops to be delivered within the classrooms, and individual meetings with eligible students. During these individual meetings, resumes/CVs and portfolios are revised and students are encouraged to talk about their career goals and expectations, while being advised on professional paths and on strategies to tackle the working world.
In order to further enhance job market knowledge, the Career Services office organizes seminars and round table discussions with fashion professionals, HR managers, and head-hunters, usually on specific topics such as career paths, personnel research methods, and job figures. Internship opportunities may be offered to graduates. Upon successful completion of studies, the Career Services team supports alumni in the search for opportunities and recruitment initiatives for one year after their graduation.
Businesses and Employers
Companies addressing their recruitment needs to Istituto Marangoni Miami's Career Services office are offered a pre-selection of profiles that are suitable for their vacancies. Career Services also researches and develops additional contacts within the working world, for collaborations and resume/ CV proposals to companies. While the school will assist in job search, Istituto Marangoni Miami makes no guarantee, expressed or implied, of future employment.
We offer continued support to Istituto Marangoni Miami alumni even after graduation. Alumni are able to book appointments directly to speak with Career Services and through the Istituto Marangoni Miami Alumni Association, which holds bi-monthly meetings for alumni. These meetings allow for continued networking and opportunities for alumni.
Current Job Openings
Utilizing our Google Classroom and Canvas systems, students are given a wide variety of tools to enhance their professional search and opportunities. Job openings at the school are updated weekly and can be found for students and alumni in the below link. If you have issues with your login please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to help you achieve your goals through collaborations and partnerships with major brands.
Our students were honored for the opportunity to participate in the Salvatore Ferragamo Fashion Design Competition. This competition gave our design students an opportunity to work with Salvatore Ferragamo directly and up-cycle new garments from 300 ties that were donated to Istituto Marangoni Miami. Students had to come up with different concepts for their designs and submit them to our design judges and Salvatore Ferragamo. We then went on to choose 4 winning designs which the students where able to bring to life. These garments where then showcases at a Salvatore Ferragamo store as part of their visual merchandising.
“I got involved in the Ferragamo Fashion Design contest to challenge myself. I learned a lot about the production of hats, it has been a great experience working with Ferragamo and my school, collaborating efforts and challenging myself to be the best I can be.” - Giampiero De Marchi, Fashion Design student
We offer a speakers program and bring fashion professionals from around the world.
Recently we hosted Steven Kolb President and CEO of the Council of Fashion Designers of America as well as Eva Hughes the previous President and Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Mexico and Latin America. Together, they offered their views on fashion business, sustainability, the experience economy, and the future of the fashion industry.
From the day I stepped into Marangoni Miami I felt at home. The teachers were strong, resourceful, and full of real-life experiences. I can say the skills, concepts, and mentorship I gained from Marangoni made it possible for me to win Project Runway 17 in 2019.
Sebastian Grey, MA in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management
- Is career services offered to the public?
- How can I get career advice?
- What are the main services the Career Center offers?
- Can someone in Career Services look at my resume and cover letter and give me feedback?
- Can someone in Career Services help me prepare for a big interview?
- Do you offer advice for freelancers?
- I am new in town, can you introduce me to potential employers?
- I need help with job exploration and labor market information, can someone in Career Services give me some guidance?
- I want to ask for a raise/negotiate my salary. Can someone in the Career Services department give me some advice?
- Can I work in Miami if I enroll in a class at IMM?
- I am a student at another Istituto Marangoni school, but I plan to move to the United States to work. Can I get career advice from your career services department?
- I am a Marangoni alumni. Can I get a career consultation?
- My company is looking to hire interns or recent graduates from IMM, can you provide me with candidates?
- What does my company need to host an accredited internship with IMM?
- How can my company become an internship partner and provide continuous support to IMM students?